Grammar mistakes make you look ridiculous. Who is going to trust a business to provide a service or product if they can’t get the there/they’re/their thing right? Trust me, it’s not just the grammar snobs among us who will take their money elsewhere. Here are my top-five avoid-at-all-costs grammar pet peeves:
1. Using capitalization and quotation marks for emphasis
2. Writing “should of” instead of “should have”
3. Using text speak to make your point
4. Exclamation points everywhere. Stop it.
5. Not using punctuation…at all…ever.
Whew. Now here’s a little Hump Day hilarity care of “Weird Al” Yankovic…
Excellent photo by Kate Sumbler via Flickr